ipUnidig Release Notes
Release 2-9 (Nov. 2, 2011)
- Fixed logic for interrupt callbacks. These were not working correctly if only
rising or falling edge interrupts were enabled, both not both. This was a problem
in asynPortDriver which is fixed in asyn R4-18, but required a small change to the
ipUnidig driver as well. This problem caused the quadEM module to not receive callbacks
when used with the ipUnidig.
- Fixed bug that caused the bo records to be initialized to the value of the bi
records. Standard asyn device support does this to support bumpless reboots. This
is not desired in the case of the IP-Unidig where the inputs and outputs are independent.
This was happening because only one asynPortDriver parameter was being used, rather
than separate parameters for input and output. Fixed the problem by defining 3 parameter
drvInfo strings: DIGITAL_INPUT, DIGITAL_OUTPUT, and DAC_OUTPUT. The databases were
changed to use these drvInfo strings.
- Updated the documentation, ipUnidigDoc.html, which was out of date, and still
referencing the old MPF framework.
Release 2-8 (Sept 9, 2011)
- Modified RELEASE; deleted RELEASE.arch.
- Added .opi display files for CSS-BOY
- Improved C++ code formatting and style, no logic changes
Release 2-7 (March 30, 2010)
- drvIpUnidig.cc - New version of driver based on asynPortDriver, replaces drvIpUnidig.c.
Release 2-6 (December 19, 2008)
- drvIpUnidig.c - fixed bug in report function; fixed bug that led to records being
processed on every poll until first interrupt.
Release 2-5 (October 18, 2007)
- Fixed soft reboot problem by adding epicsAtExit call to disable interrupts.
- Removed vxWorks dependencies so it will work on any system with devLib and drvIpac.
- Added support for SBS IP-OPTOIO-8 (Eric Norum).
- Now works on RTEMS.
Release 2-4 (Sept. 5, 2006)
- Ron Sluiter fixed a bug in initIpUnidig() of drvIpUnidig.c. The BSP was not enabling
interrupts for whatever level the IP carrier was configured for unless some other
IRQ handler, with the same IRQ level, had already enabled interrupts.
- Kurt Goetze added new medm adl files: IpUnidig_all.adl, IpUnidig_help.adl, IpUnidig_top.adl
Release 2-3 (March 23, 2005)
- Converted from MPF to ASYN.
- Converted from specialized device support to generic device support from ASYN.
- Converted from C++ to C
Release 2-2 (March 3, 2004)
- Docs updated, renamed, and moved to documentation directory
- Bug in ipUnidig.cc fixed for maxClients
- Added IpUnidig.adl
Release 2-1 (November 3, 2003)
- Converted to EPICS R3.14.
Release 1-2 (April 2, 2003)
Added full support for interrupts on the IP-Unidig-I models. For each input
bit the hardware can be programmed to generate interrupts on rising or falling transitions,
or neither. The interrupt service routine software is written to allow alternating
which transition generates interrupts, so that it is also possible to generate interrupts
on both rising and falling transitions. Wrote IpUnidig class so that other
device support can attach to interrupts on specific input lines and get callbacks
at interrupt level when a transition occurs.
Release 1-1 (June 20, 2001)
Suggestions and Comments to:
Mark Rivers : (firstname.lastname@example.org)