- Apply for beamtime. You will need your badge number; see the badge and password tips on the New Users page.
- Submit an updated APS User Registration Form as a "returning user" to provide your current information. Non-U.S. citizens with expired or expiring security clearance are encouraged to re-register with the APS as soon as possible.
- Make sure all your required training is current by logging into the APS User Portal.
Complete any expired training remotely, or contact the APS User Office, Katie, or Nancy to schedule on-site training. See the remote training tips on the New Users page.
- Once beamtime has been allocated and beamline staff have contacted you with dates, complete an Experiment Safety Assessment Form (ESAF) via the link sent in your confirmation letter or by logging in to the APS scheduling system. Complete the ESAF at least 10 business days before your visit. The ESAF must be approved by both the beamline staff and APS safety personnel before you can begin work.
- When your work is published, send the publication to the APS (email@example.com) with a copy to your beamline contact. Include the appropriate beamline and APS acknowledgment statement in your publications.